Questions: Spectrum Analyzer

In here we'll be posting about Youritronics products

Re: Questions: Spectrum Analyzer

Postby Florin » Sat 07 Aug , 2010 6:02 pm

the dimensions of the actual led display are 2 x 8.22 inches. No worries there will be plenty this time to fulfill all orders.
About your second question, I'm also going to do a custom adapter board that will allow people to create their own displays by running leads to individual LED's. But this will be released after the kits, there just not enough time to do it all at once. First I need to take care of the actual spectrum analyzer, get this done, manufacture it then take care of addon boards.

As a short inside info, I just got the prototype boards & parts these days, I'm assembling them as we speak and I'll start working on the software.
checkout the Youritronics shop at http://www.youritronics.com/shop
Florin

Postby Ferris Bueller » Tue 17 Aug , 2010 3:29 am

I'm V E R Y interested in owning a huge LED display. I'd like to end up with a 27 band spectrum someday. But for now I'd like to at least construct a larger version of the V2 display. Can you tell me where I can start to learn the process of constructing something like that? I don't even know where to begin. From parts to hardware to assembly right down to the basics for the beginner is what I need.

How are the V2's coming and do you still anticipate the release to be late August?

And you mentioned prototype boards... What exactly are they for? ~Thanks Florin,
~Ferris Bueller
Ferris Bueller

Postby Florin » Tue 17 Aug , 2010 2:07 pm

As I've said an addon board for that purpose will be released but only after I manage to finish and launch V.3 of the spectrum analyzer. Now about learning how to make something like that, it depends on your current level with electronics, do you have any knowledge of microcontrollers, how they work ? Digital signal processing sounds familiar to you ? If the answer to both of this questions is no, its hard to say where to start.

The hardware assembly can be easily learned with some practice sessions and I'll probably release some tutorials on how to do "a big display" for the spectrum analyzer, but that again only after I launch V3.

Not sure if its going to be ready by the end of August, I'm working but often problems occurs and it takes time to solve them. I know people are waiting on these so I'm doing my best to finish them as soon as possible.

I mentioned prototype boards: these are the first boards that I make from a design and they are used for R&D.
Florin

Postby Ferris Bueller » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 12:52 am

Yes the answer unfortunately is "no"...
Ferris Bueller

Postby Florin » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 8:47 am

Ferris Bueller wrote:Yes the answer unfortunately is "no"...

Unfortunately its not going to be ready at the end of august, but I am doing my best.
Florin

Postby Ferris Bueller » Sat 21 Aug , 2010 5:04 pm

Sorry to hear the delay of the release...
Question: Whats the difference between the V2 and the V3?
Ferris Bueller

Postby Florin » Tue 24 Aug , 2010 10:53 am

Ferris Bueller wrote:Sorry to hear the delay of the release...
Question: Whats the difference between the V2 and the V3?

The first and the most important difference is the way it analyzes bands: the new version will have digital filters and digital signal processing. This improves the the response of the spectrum analyzer because a digital filter is more accurate than a classic one. One other great feature will allow the user to set his custom start-up text & display mode. Some other features will be present too but I won't disclose them until release.

Florin
Florin

Postby Ferris Bueller » Wed 25 Aug , 2010 7:35 pm

Ok that sounds pretty sweet. Do you have a completion date for the v2's yet?
ThanKs, ~Ferris
Ferris Bueller

Postby Florin » Wed 25 Aug , 2010 7:45 pm

Nope sorry, no release date yet for V3. I'm working on it though.
Florin

Postby Ferris Bueller » Thu 26 Aug , 2010 3:59 pm

Um. No I was asking about the V2's, the ones I've been wating on... Thank You
I was getting email alerts when you reply to my posts. But it seems that has stopped...
Ferris Bueller

PreviousNext

Return to Youritronics Products