Spectrum Analyzer 2.1 car audio installation

In here we'll be posting about Youritronics products

Re: Spectrum Analyzer 2.1 car audio installation

Postby Florin » Fri 09 Mar , 2012 11:18 pm

Other users have connected successfully the spectrum analyzer to the line out of their car cd players. I don't know why you are getting that strange behavior. First you should check that signal is really coming out on that line_out port maybe you need to activate it somehow and once you are sure signal is coming from the line-out you should check the connection (cables,connectors,etc.) up to the spectrum analyzer. If everything is okay up to this point I see no reason for it not working.

The spectrum analyzer is designed to be plug and play with a standard mp3 player output which is pretty much standard across different players. It was not designed to be plug and play with car audio players but as most car cd players have a line out connection which goes up to 2V it is possible to connect it to a spectrum analyzer as that is within the limits of the spectrum analyzer. The onboard pot also helps adjusting that input level to get just the right amount of level showing on the analyzer.

There is also the option of having it installed by someone with experience in car audio setups.
checkout the Youritronics shop at http://www.youritronics.com/shop
Florin

Postby 20ducks » Sat 10 Mar , 2012 4:50 am

Florin wrote:Other users have connected successfully the spectrum analyzer to the line out of their car cd players. I don't know why you are getting that strange behavior. First you should check that signal is really coming out on that line_out port maybe you need to activate it somehow and once you are sure signal is coming from the line-out you should check the connection (cables,connectors,etc.) up to the spectrum analyzer. If everything is okay up to this point I see no reason for it not working.

The spectrum analyzer is designed to be plug and play with a standard mp3 player output which is pretty much standard across different players. It was not designed to be plug and play with car audio players but as most car cd players have a line out connection which goes up to 2V it is possible to connect it to a spectrum analyzer as that is within the limits of the spectrum analyzer. The onboard pot also helps adjusting that input level to get just the right amount of level showing on the analyzer.

There is also the option of having it installed by someone with experience in car audio setups.

May I contact one of the other users that have connected successfully the spectrum analyzer to the line out of their car cd players?
20ducks

Postby Florin » Sun 11 Mar , 2012 3:55 pm

Sure, I kindly asked on of the users who successfully connected it in a car to post this opinion on this subject. His reply should come soon.
checkout the Youritronics shop at http://www.youritronics.com/shop
Florin

Postby 20ducks » Sun 11 Mar , 2012 4:32 pm

Florin wrote:Sure, I kindly asked on of the users who successfully connected it in a car to post this opinion on this subject. His reply should come soon.

Thank you very much.
20ducks

Postby Kevin » Sun 11 Mar , 2012 11:38 pm

Hi 20ducks l will post instructions tomorrow with some pics and video ( l have to find and charge my camera)
Kevin

Postby 20ducks » Mon 12 Mar , 2012 12:15 am

Kevin wrote:Hi 20ducks l will post instructions tomorrow with some pics and video ( l have to find and charge my camera)

Outstanding!
20ducks

Postby ramicio » Mon 12 Mar , 2012 3:26 pm

I believe some head units also allow you to set the output voltage for the line-outs. Most of them these days are just stuck at either 4 or 5 volts.
ramicio

Postby Kevin » Tue 13 Mar , 2012 10:53 pm

Hey 20ducks, I read your posts and it sounds like you have hooked everything up ok. The analyzer is a very touchy piece of electronics, it took some work
but there is a sweet spot there. What I did to get it working was: 1) Make sure you have a signal coming from the line out of your deck which ever line you use(l use my sub outs, l will explain why later). 2) Make sure motherboard and led's are connected properly. 3) Turn the pot all the way down on the motherboard. 4) Power up the analyzer. 5) Turn up the volume on your deck about 3/4 of the way. 6) Slowly bring up the pot till you get the led's to hit that sweet spot where it looks good. The problem is you have to leave the volume of your deck at or around this general level all the time to keep your led's
looking good. That is why I bought the Clarion EQS746 passive eq, it has it's own voume control and since it's not connected to the analyzer it does'nt effect
the led's. This little eq kicks ass, it raises the line output to 7v wich made my system sound ten times better, especially the subs and the blue lights look
good to. I have attached a picture, i am trying to get some video but the glare is hard to work with and i want to show everything not just the lights.
Kevin

Postby 20ducks » Mon 19 Mar , 2012 3:52 pm

Kevin, called you Sunday afternoon....left message, call me back, okay?
20ducks

Postby 20ducks » Mon 30 Apr , 2012 5:57 pm

Looking forward to ordering a new motherboard and re-installing my unit, successfully this time!

Please post or message me when a motherboard will be available.

Thanks,
Greg
20ducks

PreviousNext

Return to Youritronics Products