I say you should, and if i did not convinced you with my previous review , here is what other reviews say about it:
“The U600 is the slimmest slide phone ever, measuring an astonishing 10.9mm thickness. Yet it’s a high-spec phone featuring a 3 megapixel camera with flash and autofocus, and a fully-featured music player with expandable memory to replace your MP3 player. The only thing that may put some people off is the touch sensitive buttons – but sometimes you have to suffer a little to look good! A better buy might be the Samsung G600. Available in black, red, pink and blue”
And here is some Samsung U600 owner reviews gathered from the internet :
- Great phone, very thin which is great and like the touch keys and camera quality is great a must buy phone for everyone. Has to be given and outstanding 5 stars.
- didn’t like this phone – kept it for two days then exchanged it! battery is pretty rubbish, camera really good, but not worth keeping just for that. the key pad is way over senstive. i’ve been using samsung phones for years – defo not impressed with their latest, not as user friendly as past handsets.
- the U900 is a great phone and i cant find any faults with it what so ever. everybody who says that is a bad phone is either just stupid or are stuck in the past and cant get used to todays technology!!! since i had my first samsung (D500) i have never had any other make of phone as i find samsungs very easy 2 use, stylish and modern. i would recomend this phone to everybody 🙂
- Brilliant phone. Ive had it just over a week and i love it! I was originally going to go for an E900 but im so glad i went for the U600. Smooth, ultra slim slider (you wont believe how thin it is until you see it), sleek design and really excellent functions. Yes the battery life is not as good as other phones but that might be because you can’t put it down!! Touch sensitive keys are great but i think are better suited to women rather than men (sorry guys!!)I loved the motorola that i had before this and was worried about the change-over but i had nothing to worry about, i’ll definitely stay with Samsung for my next phone. Dont listen to the bad reviews – buy this phone, you’ll not regret it.
- I’ve had this phone for a week now and I’m going to exchange it for either an N73 or k810i. The U600 main bad points are: 1. Terrible battery life. I need to charge it every day. Same usage on a K800 and I charged it every 3 days. 2. Texting is a nightmare. The predictive text software is awful. When given a list of possible words sometimes you have to scroll up, other times you have to scroll down. Why? 3. The touch sensitive buttons are great in theory but are not practical. Quite a number of times I’ve accidentally dialled someone while reading their text. Then you’ve got to quickly unlock the keypad and hang-up before the call is connected. This is beginning to become a real pain. ********** DO NOT BUY THE U600 **********
- Just received my U600 and am pleased at the improvements Samsung have made to my previous phone the E900. At last on a Samsung, you can now use your own sounds for message alert, the ringer now supports vibrate and melody at the same time, messages are automatically saved and you now have a choice of clocks – which means you can go without the standard Samsung clock bar which is a permanent feature on earlier phones your mates may still have. For those – who I see from existing reviews – are gettting used to the touch-sensitive keys and moaning about inadvertently ringing numbers can I offer a workround which I used successfully on my E900 and which works on this phone. Simply go to your Call log and delete all ‘Recent Contacts’. Next time you brush over the phone key you will simply get a dialogue box on screen saying ‘Call log empty’. Note this does not affect your Missed Calls, Dialled Calls, Received Calls or Sent Messages – these are all still there in their own section to be accessed at any time you need them. I have added Call Log to ‘My Menu’ so you can easily jump to it and delete.Voila!
- Very sturdy, the inside mech is metal. The slight wobble is not a weakness just movement in the metal track. Music player on mine does not see the 1gb mem card .. so no tunes will load – maybe I’m doing something wrong! can see then from the file app, but will only play 1 at a time, can’t mark multiple tracks … WHY? Everything else at this early stage looks pretty good to me – This one might last me a while, and believe me I’ve had a few!!!!!
- Bought this phone from dialaphone to replace my beloved d500. The u600 is amazing! Everything is familiar from older samsung models, but can’t believe how thin it is. Camera is much much better than the d500, especially video recording. Screnn is amazing. I was worried about the touch sensitive keys, but tehr fine – don’t know what the fuss is about. I want to give this 6 out of 5!!!
- Got this phone last week, have just got use to the sensitive touch and it works brilliantly. The photos taken with the 3.2mgp is sharp and clear. Battery can last me for 3 days if bluetooth not turn on. All symbols can be found are easily found by holding the # key. Software response is quick. Design is classy and elegant, with fantastic finishing. Samsung U600 is still the best compared to SE W880i, K550i, N95, N73, X820.
- well well well.am i happy or what,got this phone today after swapping it from nokia 7390,i agonised for ages about swapping to this as i went off samsungs for a while.now they have sorted quite a few things out on their phones they have lured me back.i dont know what everyone is moaning about the touch sensitive keys,mine are perfect no jumping around all over the place like e900,equivalent to using the d900.the camera is very good with nice and clear picture quality,also no delay on shutter like some peoples complaints(i think it sounds like a faulty one)excellent sound quality and the main thing to me that converted me back is the fact you can now use your own tones for message alerts,not just the default dodgy ones.the battery has been quite good,lasted ages andi been messing round on it loads.Its slim,light and sexy and possibly gonna be a fave of mine.so buy it NOW !!!!!!
If you want my personal opinion, il give it to you again, There is only one bad thing to say about this phone: as usual Samsung fits it phones with not so good batteries as other phone manufacturers. So there is a down side, small battery life but that’s all.